The project „girlsatec – young women conquer technical professions“ is supported by the Senat administration for integration, work and social affairs and is funded by national means. The promoter is the ABB training center (ABB Ausbildungszentrum Berlin gGmbH).
- Excites female students for technology
- Offers professional orientation in the commercial-technical area
- Expands the choice of professions for young women and female students
- Introduces interesting technical professions to female students
- Teaches apprentices to be a contact person in technical professions
- Offers events like the technology camps for students, factory tours, visits for school classes, soldering workshops, the Girls‘ Day and workshops for teachers
- Shows parents the choices of technical professions that their daughters have and organize open-door days in the ABB training center
- Is in constant contact with companies that offer apprenticeship
- Aspires to support a change of mind in society regarding traditional gender roles in different professions
The following interesting events are coming up soon.
For further information about the project you can watch this video
made by our ambassadors at girlsatec or contact us via phone or write an Email to info(at)www.girlsatec.de.
We are looking forward to hear from you.
The project is initiated by the former senator for work, integration and women of Berlin, Dilek Kalayci (former Kolat).